Hello! Welcome to Non-Lexical Vocables. I’m Michael (Mike) Kleinigger – “just this guy, you know?” I received my MS in Electrical Engineering from RPI (August 2010) and my BS in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (also from RPI) back in May of 2009. I’ve been a network technician (probably my favorite job), an undergraduate research person (URP), an undergraduate teaching assistant (TA), an “Automation Technologies Intern” with Monsanto, a graduate research assistant (RA), a graduate teaching assistant (TA), the LVP of an intramural basketball team, and general fix-it guy.
My research at RPI ranged from thrust-vectoring to laser measurement to fuel cell test stands. After graduation, I received job offers from Dow AgroScience, National Instruments, Garmin, John Deere, and Boeing. After considering all of my options, I went with John Deere, and am currently employed there as an Engine Controls Applications Engineer working on software for 4WD loaders. I also now help to manage the electronic integration of Yanmar diesel engines into some of our smaller tractors, skidsteer loaders, and turf care equipment.
Past Projects and Employers:
- Deere & Company: http://www.deere.com/
- RPI CATS: http://www.cats.rpi.edu/
- RPI ECSE Department: http://www.ecse.rpi.edu/
- RPI Formula Hybrid: http://rpi-hybrid.com/
- RPI IOBoard (LabVIEW Development): http://mobilestudio.rpi.edu/ and here.
- Monsanto Company: http://www.monsanto.com/
- Mechatronics Lab (Formerly at RPI): http://www.eng.mu.edu/~craigk/
Links to Other Stuff I’ve Done:
Now that I have a real website, I thought I should just consolidate everything I’ve done online. Some of this stuff is quite old (10+ years), and I’m surprised it’s still around.
- NIWeek 2007 – Self-Balancing Unicycle Impromptu Video
- Experts Exchange (IT Help Forum) Username: YohanShminge
- TICalc.org (TI Calculator Fan Site) Username: Yohan Shminge!
- ZealGames – my first website, created about twelve years ago. I find it hilarious that my pages on SimCity 2000 and SimTower are still both on Google’s first results pages, even after a decade of inactivity. The whole site seems pretty tacky now. But wow, I spent so long making that animated elevator GIF…